Sunday is my ONE day off all week. I cherish my Sundays. It’s also the day that starts my week and I believe in STARTING STRONG!
Here’s what I got done between 6a and 9a.
- Swam a mile – yes, a mile
- Did 15 minutes of water aerobics to cool down
- Chilled (!) in the hot tub
- Air fried 3 giant chicken breasts
- Threw ingredients in Instapot for chicken noodle soup
- Changed sheets
- threw load of laundry in
- Assembled 5 burrito bowls -LUNCHES DONE
- Assembled 8 bowls of soups-SNACKS DONE
- Made post-swim meal-I’m looking at you grilled cheese and tomato soup
Ok-you might think I’m some sort of energizer bunny at this point. Not at all! I have tools that do ALL the work for me.
One of the easiest meal prep is burrito bowls. What’s in it? Easy! Chicken breast, black beans, corn, rice perhaps, cheese, etc.
Here’s how simple it is:
Now – this was cooking while I was cleaning and when the chicken was done, I simply nuked the rice, drained the cans and started an assembly line. This took less than 10 minutes and now I have AWESOME lunches! I’ll throw fresh pico on it when I eat it and I might even have some tortilla chips!
I added in one raw chicken breast and some celery and 8 cups of broth. That’s it! Set the pot for 12 minutes and walk away!
So – in virtually no time at all – my prep is done and I’m already kicked back with a full belly of grilled cheese, swim done, and meals prepped.
What do you prep? What are you favorite prepped meals?
What do you do to start your week strong?